Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Ebony and Ivory

This week the diva has an ebony and ivory challenge, challenge 119. The idea is to try to do half black and half white, basically. My piece kinda happened by accident, and kinda not. I started with a mandala  from the Bright Owl's challenge 56 that didn't print properly on my computer. You know how it is probably when your printer is having a bad day.  In order not to waste the paper, I decided to go over the lines which were too light, with a marker. It was a Sakura Pigma Pen 10, just like Apprentice pens that come in size 5, only broader. it was so broad that I thought continuing it with finer pens might not look right, so I just decided to do the entire zendala with the same pen, and here is the result. It might not be a total 50/50 balance, but close. I used footlites, paradox, socc, beadlines, and some detail work.

6 comments:

  1. Using the thicker pen gives great weight and contrast. Nicely done and so successful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just beautiful line work! love the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paradox looks so sweet in this tile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the combination of tangles and the blend of line work with fill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bold and strong! Your lines are so even! I particularly like your beadlines echo'd in the dots on the outer border.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paradox is beautiful here. I like your linework.

    ReplyDelete