Monday, September 5, 2011

Studio Update

When you are the child of a librarian and a musician, sometimes the organized side and the creative side start to argue. Should I create? Should I organize?  With the fabric side of my life taking up more and more time than the paper side, I woke up on Saturday and decided that all the paper stuff HAD to go to one side of the studio and all the fabric stuff HAD to go to the other and all the common supplies had to be in the middle. This resulted in a two day rearrangement of my "stuff." But it is done now, thank goodness, and I am happy with it. I wanted to do it for a long time, but just never got around to it. I had never unpacked all my totes and suitcases of supplies from Art Unraveled or Create, so I took on this task and then unpacked so I would only have to move the packings one time. Above is one shot of the fabric side. As you can see, I am not the world's greatest photographer. Sorry!

I finished yesterday, then got to work on my samples for upcoming classes at Frenzy Stamper that I am teaching. The Double Double Class requires examples in various stages of completion so I can demo. each step. Here is one sample that only needs the pages sewn in and the ribbon tie sewn down. I have been experimenting with different ways to make flowers and I needed an embellishment for this journal, so I chose a flower idea I had never tried before (although they look a lot like some flowers I made before from circles of fabric), so I could see if it would actually turn out the way I envisioned it. I think it worked well. If you want to join us at the next Double Double class, there are still a few spaces left. Details are in the margin, and you can sign up by contacting me (janeeileen@hotmail.com) or calling the store, although Frenzy is closed for the holiday until the 8th of Sept. There are a few spaces in my other classes as well.

I got the studio done just in time, because today I need to work on a custom order for someone. I found some cool goodies for it while rearranging yesterday, so it is partly done already. I might put a picture of it here later, after the buyer has a chance to hold it and look at it herself. I gave her a choice of seeing a picture before I mail it tomorrow, but she is up for a surprise, so I don't want to give it away 'til after that. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Love all those yummy fabric pieces folded so nicely. Let the design work begin!

    ReplyDelete