Monday, March 8, 2010

Oh big surprise!





More than anything I love to play with in the studio, it is journals, I think, so it is no surprise that these two babies are here. It is hard to tell from the photo, but they are smaller than the ones I have been making lately. One has a cover of random scraps on random scraps. This came about when I was practicing playing with my thread and topstiching, and I liked the way it turned out. I am not sure I will ever part with that one.
The other is a rescued mistake. I was making a slipcover for a little binder I have when I realized all the strips of zippers, ribbons, and fabric I was sewing together just weren't tall enough, so plan B kicked into action. You can call it a happy mistake, I guess. I haven't shown the inside of my journals lately, but they all kinda look like these, recycled papers given a new life.

2 comments: