Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Think Off White

I know it has been a while since I got around to posting anything. I have been transitioning from being a Nona full time to going back to work. This year, I am working with teachers instead of kids, so I have needed to go in and get some presentations and things done before they come in next week. So far, the job is great. I am so used to helping other people and then trying to get some alone time to get ready for my own kids, and this year, I only have to do one of those things.
Well, for the next few days, I am off to Art Unraveled to take some classes, my last days of my summer. Another load of excitement to add to the crazy schedule, right?
I meant to take pictures of my last class I taught at Frenzy Stamper, but when I pulled out the camera, my memory card was full, and I didn't want to take the time to delete pictures so I could take photographs. I figured the students needed my time more. I still might get a shot or two of what greeted the students when my life settles down a bit. I made a kit that didn't get used.
Debbie invited me back to do another class, and that will be a monochromatic book of whites with vintage linens and laces, mixed with newer ones, and it is a trifold book. It houses replicas of old photos. One is dated 1942, for example. It could be used to house other people's old photos or used for a wedding, baby, baptism, quinceanera, etc. People who sign up get to keep the photos in the kit if they bring their own in. Almost all the supplies are included in the price, so I am hoping the class will fill. I have a limited supply of the vintage linens, so the registration is limited, too. I was going to photograph that also, before I dropped it off yesterday, but I misplaced previously said camera and didn't want to hold up getting the book to the store. Debbie took pictures and put them up on her site. There are four more pages besides the ones she is showing if you would like to go in there and take a peek. I have since found my problem camera in the pocket of my traveling supply case. First thing I've done right with it in a while! I guess it goes without saying that it is a good thing that I am better with a sewing machine than taking snapshots!

No comments:

Post a Comment