Monday, June 15, 2009

California and Uh, sure, Jennifer, no problem!

So Jeane and I took a Girls Weekend Out trip over to California over the weekend. Good thing flights take only an hour or we couldn't have gone. Anyway, is it considered an illness when you spend 1/3 of all the money the entire trip cost in 20 minutes in one store? I did more damage in Urban Craft Center than all the rest of the stores combined for the entire weekend. And we shopped about 12 hours straight on one day. Sheesh. We were in a hurry to get to Kelly's class, and stopped on the way. We had 20 minutes before we had to be on the road again to be to her class in time. I don't think I have ever done something so crazy before, but it was the store of my dreams. It had all the little trinkets and stuff that stores that sell cool stuff and offer classes do, BUT it also had patterns for clothes and purses and fabric and OMG. It was not a chain store like Hobby Lobby or JoAnn. The classroom had Janome sewing machines in there. And a freaking library that you could use when you rent studio space. The combination was a dream. I told Kelly when we go next time, she can drop me off there and come back at the end of the day to pick me up. Jeane thinks we should get a hotel nearby and spend a week there like people at art retreats do. They have classes every day.
So I am trying to unwind from all the excitement of the trip when I come home and find the following letter in response to a chunky book I sent in roughly a year ago.

Hello Ladies,


Your Alphabet Chunky Collaborative Book has been selected to appear in the special book section of the winter 2010 issue of Somerset Studio Gallery. Can you please send me a type out of your instructions for the piece. If you could have them to me by June 18, 2009 that would be great.
Unfortunately, due to space limitation we were not able to use every letter, however the following letters have been selected.
Cover: Kelly Kilmer B: Terrill D: Beth F: Lisa J: Juana M: Marie N: Alyana (really Aiyanna) O: Julie S: Jane T: Jeane U: Maggie X: Kristine

Thank you,
Jennifer Jackson
Managing Editor
Stampington & Company
Somerset Studio Gallery™
www.stampington.com
No, Jennifer, Thank YOU, and consider your request done.

1 comment:

  1. Is it August yet? ;)

    Maybe I can pack some UCC into a bag for you before I come to AU in August. ;)

    A thousand, million, and so many more thanks for such a fabulously fun weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete